Thanks for visiting our website. This article will give you a deeper understanding of FOODnBEVTECH and how we help the food & beverage industry make the right restaurant & bar technology choices.
What is FOODnBEVTECH?
FOODnBEVTECH is a technology consultancy that is right sized for the modern approach to investing in technology in the food & beverage industry.
We combine hospitality industry operations, production and technology expertise in a streamlined package designed for any restaurant, bar, event center or kitchen business.
As our tagline says, we help restaurants & bars, or any related industry business make the right technology choices.
Why did we establish FOODnBEVTECH?
FOODnBEVTECH was born from our collective enthusiasm for the opportunities available to the food & beverage industry enabled with technology.
The only thing we were missing was our own food & beverage business! Instead we decided to help others.
We’re excited to combine these opportunities and our expertise to help food & beverage businesses take advantage of technology.
- We identified there is an imbalance between the way food and beverage businesses generally operate and technology. Food & beverage operators have much to gain from bringing technology tools into their business.
- We understood that the range of technology that is available for the industry is overwhelming and that experienced guidance was needed.
- We recognized that generally the industry is not experienced in managing a large volume of technology in their business.
- We knew that most food & beverage operators understood point of sale. But less understanding of how to build an overall technology environment and how these systems need to work together.
- We also recognized that food & beverage businesses do not generally have access to enterprise experienced business people with technology experience.
- We saw that it is becoming mission critical for food and beverage business to bring on technology.
- We recognized that many operational processes were not enabled by technology and that information capture by food & beverage operators was minimal.
- We noted that the customer expects and demands a level of interaction with technology.
- We saw a need for a simple and right sized process to identify technology that was aligned with the food and beverage industry.
- We know that it can’t be a one hit wonder. Operators will need ongoing assistance not only in finding the right technology, but also with advice on an ongoing basis as technology is a strategic asset for your business.
- We knew that we had a unique blend of skills & expertise and we could bring our experience to the food and beverage industry.
How does FOODnBEVTECH help?
In simple terms we fill the role of helping you make the right restaurant & bar technology choices for your business.
We involve ourselves in a number of ways with your business to achieve that result. There are two key approaches to the main objective of helping you make the right technology choices.
The technology that’s available and the positive outcomes that can be achieved. That’s what makes what we do at FOODnBEVTECH exciting. – Mark Fancourt
On the main menu we offer a Four Course menu, which streamlines and simplifies the selection of technology for your business. We start with an education process resulting in an ongoing relationship with your business to keep you abreast of technology. Think of us as your strategic technology adviser without the salary.
We also offer our Sides Menu. Here we focus on specific and important areas of your modern food and beverage operation to help you identify tools for your operation or ensure that you are getting the most out of your current technology.
It’s the food and beverage business so we know that sometimes what is on the menu may not suit every diner. We offer an A la carte option where we can work on a specific task, project or a combination of tasks that are aligned with the needs of your food and beverage business.
No one goes home hungry!
Where is FOODnBEVTECH?
Anywhere you need us to be!
We have locations on the East and West coasts of the USA. Depending upon the type of work we are helping your business with we can often assist you remotely. There are certain stages of our work where a local presence is not absolutely necessary, although we do feel it is of greater benefit to your business.
We live in the 21st Century, yet, many ways of operating our businesses are still in the 20th Century, particularly in the Food and Beverage sector. – Michael Tuohy
After all it’s the hospitality industry, We are ‘people people’ and look forward to establishing an in person relationship with you and your business.
As hospitality industry professionals we also like to travel!
When can I start working with FOODnBEVTECH?
There’s no time like the present!
In fact the food & beverage industry is under some pressure to adopt and adapt technology as a result of the Corona Virus pandemic. This is one factor.
Over the years as I implemented countless platforms and systems, I have often thought how disconnected, convoluted and inconsistent our industry was when it comes to technology. – Joseph Polito
Although there are more important and ongoing factors that are the real drivers for the food and beverage industry. Your customers are one of them. They are operating in a digital world. Your suppliers are another. Many of them are enabled on enterprise level technology platforms that you interact with.
Most importantly your own business. The key intent of restaurant & bar technology is like the Olympic motto – ‘Swifter, Higher, Stronger’. Using technology puts your business in an environment to grow your exposure, work more cohesively and improve your financial situation from operating costs to profitability.
Who are the people behind FOODnBEVTECH?
Meet Michael, Joseph and Mark.
We are a seasoned (Salt & Pepper) team of hospitality industry professionals with experience across most of the sectors of hospitality industry operations and technology. Particularly in food & beverage, although we bring the benefit of broader industry experience to bear for you as well.
Our core background includes operations, production and technology. Blending these sets of experience brings to you a ‘business of technology’ mentality when we are helping your business.
Our hands on industry experience includes hotels, resorts, casino, restaurants from concessionaires to fine dining, bars, spas and lifestyle & retail outlets, clubs, stadiums and sporting venues, conferencing and event locations and commercial scale kitchens. We’ve found the right technology solutions to complement and integrate these businesses.
That’s the experience we will bring to your food and beverage business.
Now that you’ve gained a deeper understanding of what we are aiming to help you with shall we start the conversation?